Grandma Robinson

Over Christmas break, we found out that Adam's grandma had peacefully passed away. I had the opportunity to get to know her for a little and was so impressed with her love and hospitality that she showed everyone. When I would go over there with Adam for dinner, she would always be interested in asking me questions instead of telling all the stories about herself. She would tell me some of the amazing things that she has done and it was fun to see her reminisce. You could just tell that she loved everyone and cared about them just like they were her own children. I was able to attend her funeral with Adam and his family and I was amazed at what I learned about this wonderful woman. She was able to do a lot of things in her life, and she once told me she felt like her life was a fairy tale. I felt so blessed to be around such an amazing family. It was at that moment that I knew I loved Adam, as weird as that sounds. Not just because Adam is a wonderful and fantastic guy, but because of his family. I could see where he came from and where he was going and I just admired all of them so much. I am so grateful for his grandma for her great example to her posterity and to me.

No comments: