10 Weeks of Thanks

i’m so incredibly grateful for Kassi and being willing to guest post today! this week is busy busy busy in our home as Adam finishes school & graduates, family is in town, and we are getting ready to go out of town for a week. oh and did i mention that Elijah is getting sick and didn’t go to bed until 3:30am the other night?? {the reason why there was no Wednesday post} yeah so we might be going a tad crazy over here…

but thankfully Kassi has come to help save the day!!
i have loved getting to know Kassi and her blog that she writes with her sister. she really is lovely, inside and out! she is nothing but kind and considerate and i don’t know what i’d do without her this month. so grateful for her friendship!!

i hope you can get to know Kassi a little better today and check out her blog to find lots of great ideas and tips to make your life lovely as well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there lovelies!
Let me introduce myself... My name is Kassi and I blog over at Truly Lovely.
I am super excited to be snagging some space here on Megan's lovely piece of blogland today!

Truly Lovely is an 'all things lovely blog' written by me and my sister, Kayli.

You can click that picture to learn more about us and our blog, but in the meantime I'd love to share this pretty awesome idea that Miss Kayli came up with... Being thankful! Monumental right!?! Who does that... I mean really, how many of us actually take time from our day to think about what we're thankful for? Raise you're hand? Go ahead nobody's looking...? Anyone?

Me neither. *hangs head in shame*

But Kayli had this idea to do Ten Weeks of Thanks and list a few things that you're thankful for every week. There's even a cute little button and a linky party!

Truly Lovely

She's already on week nine, but I'm a little behind so I'm going to share my week five with you dolls. Mostly in hopes that you'll take a minute at least today and think about what you're thankful for!

Week Five's topic is Things in Nature (there's a different topic every week).

So... here's MY list...

Trees! I grew up in the mountains. Pine trees towering all around. Now that I live in the desert the first thing we planted in our backyard were two little Arizona Ash trees! It just felt wrong without them... The greenery, the shade. Love!

Speaking of the mountains...

We were married in the mountains! Like without trees, I feel out of place without a mountain in the distance. Even where we live now you can see the mountains from our house.

I am thankful for the sunrise. I think that counts as out in nature, don't you?!? Don't get me wrong... I am NOT a morning person! I prefer to sleep in and stay busy late into the night, but a sunrise has something magical and beautiful that no other time of day can claim. It's a time for newness, getting started. Awakening if you will... :)

So... what are YOU thankful for? We'd love for you to write up a post or two and join us! If you don't have time, at least take a minute and think about it today...

Be thankful lovelies!! Thanks so much to Megan for having me over!

Hope you'll pop over to Truly Lovely and say hello sometime! ;)

~Kassi

------------------------------------------

thank YOU so much, Kassi, for your guest post!
i loved the reminder to be thankful for the little things around us.
this is something i think i definitely struggle with especially when life is busy like right now. so i really feel like this post was meant especially for me.

what are some things you are thankful for?
be sure to check out Kassi’s blog and link up with her 10 Weeks of Thanks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for having me today friend!! I'm so glad I was able to help! Hope you got tons done today! ;) And I'm REALLY enjoying getting to know you as the month goes on! Glad we can be friends!!!!