he made me a mother

IMG_1742IMG_2611IMG_2860IMG_2477

as crazy as this kid is,
as much as he climbs on top of me and bounces on my stomach
and follows me around, hugging my legs, and cries when i close the door to the bathroom,
as quirky and weird and busy and energetic and just crazy as he is…
i’m so glad i’m his mother! 

IMG_2703

dearest Elijah boy,
thank you so much for making me a mama.
thank you for bringing so much joy & laughter & love into my life.
each day isn’t perfect {as i’m sure you already know}, but each day is filled with so much love that those bad times seem very small in comparison to the good.

being your mother has been the {most challenging & most rewarding} thing i have done in my life.
when you say your ABCs, i smile with quiet pride that i taught you that and that my kid is just that smart!
seeing you grow gives me the greatest happiness i never knew i could have
{and sadness… i hate seeing you get bigger!}

you are the coolest & weirdest kid i know.
your quirks make you you and i wouldn’t have you any other way.

i know you were meant for me, and only me {well and your dad}.
no matter the timing of your arrival, it was right. you were right for us.
and that blessing can never be bad timing.

thank you for teaching me how to be a better mother, and a better person. 
thank you for giving me the privilege of being your mother.
it is the greatest gift of all. 

love, mama


Happy Mother’s Day this weekend
to all the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, and friends!!

and thank you to all the children who make us mothers!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so darn cute! Happy Mother's Day to you :)

xo,
Allison
http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/

Karina Marie Powell said...

sooo sweet. he is so darling! happy mothers day to you!! xoxo

The Presutti's said...

He is so adorable. Happy Mother's day sweetie :)

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

That little letter to Elijah was incredibly sweet. It almost made me want to stop using birth control. ALMOST! :) Have a happy mothers day!

Keetha Broyles said...

He is absolutely adorable and I LOVE the car pose.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love the pic of his mouth on the glass! Too funny!!

Happy Mothers Day!

Unknown said...

AW! What a fun little kiddo he is! Happy Mother's Day Megan!!!