lesson learned.


before i became a mother, i thought i knew it all. 
i was scared to be a mom but i honestly felt more than confident in myself. 
i had big dreams & expectations. 
i mean, could it really be that hard??

enter Elijah. 
this sweet, loving boy of mine has humbled me so much, 
in ways that i didn't even know needed humbling. 
he has taught me that nothing in life goes as expected.

i do not know it all. 
i take each day one at a time,
some days hour by hour. 

i'm not happy every single moment, 
but i'm happy at the end of the day.
{and tired...}

motherhood is absolutely nothing what i thought it would be,
but absolutely everything i hoped for. 

so, dear Elijah boy, thank you for being nothing i expected and everything i needed
some days are harder than others, much much harder
but they are still filled with lots of joy & love that make those hard moments {almost}
worth it. 


8 comments:

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Awe!! I love this!!

Shannon said...

Your posts prove one thing to me...You are a sweet, loving, intuitive person!♥

Anonymous said...

It's so true! Motherhood is my biggest learning experience. Cute photo!

Unknown said...

Awwh, This is so cute, and hes adorable I Know I always says that but he is!

Kelly said...

Amen...amen...amen.

Alexis Kaye said...

You're such a good momma!!! I just want to hug you! I didn't get enough last night :) haha!

Paula @ Beauty Through Imperfection said...

so sweet. the same thing happened to me! it's so incredible <3

paula

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Love this post! Cant wait to have kids!