i love you because...

i'm so happy to have Kassi here today! she is honestly one of my favorite and best blog friends and i am so grateful to have met her. not only is she one of the kindest person you will meet, but she also is so talented and crafty. today she is sharing a really easy and fun craft just in time for Valentine's Day. 

i hope you enjoy her post and be sure to head over to her blog and show her some love there as well!

----------------------------------------------

Well hello there Mrs. Robinson fans!!! My name is Kassi and I write over at Truly Lovely with my sister, Kayli. That's me on the right, Kayli on the left. You might have seen me hanging around here before, but if not, I am a 20 something work from home wifey. No kiddos yet, but we do have two doggies and several horses.


Truly Lovely is where Kayli and I share whatever we happen to find lovely at the time. It can include crafts, recipes, our wishes for the future but in all reality we write about whatever we want to on that given day. :) We even host a Fancy This Fridays party every week where YOU can share with us what you've been up to lately.

So, I am so excited to have the honor of sharing with you lovelies today!!! Megan is over at our place as we speak sharing a lovely Valentine related post, so be sure to pop over and visit her when you're through here. It just so happens that I have a SUPER easy Valentine's Day craft for you!
So, my husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on July 9th!! Whoot! Did you know that the traditional gift for the first year of marriage is paper? I scoured the interwebs and finally found something for my husband that would fit the paper description...

An "I love you because..." frame! This would make a quick and easy Valentine's Day gift for your significant other. Besides, it only requires a few steps and inexpensive materials!

Materials needed:
  • Picture frame (I got mine at Wal-Mart for $3!)
  • Spray paint (if you prefer a different color for the frame)
  • Sanding block (again, if you plan to paint the frame and like the ruffed up look)
  • Dry erase marker
  • Two magnets
  • Glue
  • Photo or printer paper

This one is so simple I prefer not to insult your intelligence with a complete play by play. ;) But basically you spray paint the frame (my frame was black and I preferred a dark brown for where it would be displayed). I ruffed up the edges so a little of the black showed through for a more rustic look.
Then I designed my print out in Word, printed it on photo paper and stuck it in the frame.


I used E-6000 glue to glue one magnet onto the frame itself and another onto my dry erase marker. Now there's a marker handy anytime either of us wants to write on the glass!


Please excuse my horrible handwriting... I was in a rush before the hubs came home! haha! I displayed the frame in our bathroom so each morning we can leave one another sweet messages. ;)

Now, if you'd like to make your own, I've even saved you a little bit of time... Valentine's Day is only two weeks away after all. You can download the printable I created above here; I Love You Because Printable. It's even available in four colors. ;)

Thanks so much to Megan for letting me share today! Hope to see you dolls over at Truly Lovely sometime soon!
Happy crafting lovelies!
blog post by Kassi at Truly Lovely

2 comments:

katilda said...

I love framing pretty pieces of paper and bedazzling a frame to make a message board! One of my favorite gifts. http://www.katilda.com/2011/01/crafternoon.html

Anonymous said...

I really like the paper anniversary gift! Simple gifts are the best.