create

yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me.
{well, when am i not emotional lately.}

but last night i had a really special experience that reminded me that Heavenly Father knows us. 
He loves us. 
He hears our prayers & knows the desires of our hearts, 
even when we think He doesn't! 
[which earlier that day i firmly believe He didn't] 
He knows our struggles & understands our emotions, 
He hears our frustrations & wants to comfort us in our trials. 

i was reminded of this talk and it has helped me get through the last 12 hours, 
though it still has been really hard. 
i wanted to share this little video of the same talk as well as some quotes that have really hit me as i have been going through this..... whatever i'm going through. 

i hope that it can touch someone else as well who may need this reminder. 
and if anything, i just wanted to write it down so i can look it up later when i am, no doubt, going through a hard time again.


"We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy.  Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things.

The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create."


-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf {emphasis added}

7 comments:

Emily and Jake said...

Thank you so much for sharing this video with us. I loved that video but haven't watched it for a long time. It was just what I needed today.

Amanda Schroeder said...

Thank you, Megan.

Elise Engh said...

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Thanks for reminding me of that talk.. one of my favorites. And thank you for creating this blog and blog post. You are more inspirational than you know :)

Amberly said...

This is my husband's favorite video ever! He talks about it all the time. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post! I have been feeling so down and frustrated lately about life and I really needed this reminder. Thank you again!

Kassi said...

Hoping things look up for you soon!!! What a great video!

Kylie said...

I love that talk...it actually inspired a school project I did a couple years ago. I might need to fix the YouTube video and share it with you. Just remember, creativity comes in so many forms. You are amazing!