How We Wore It: Fashion Collaboration

Today, I'm joining up with other awesome bloggers to do a fun "How We Wore It" post. 
We were given a picture for inspiration and had to come up with an outfit based on it. 
This is the outfit we were given for inspiration:


I must admit, when I first saw this picture I was kind of in a bit of shock. 
It's a super cute outfit but one I was pretty sure I could not pull off or replicate in any way. 
I don't have any hats or fur or cute bags or a plaid shirt... 

But this is what I came up with:
[Sorry for the bad pictures... it was already dark by the time Adam came home]

undershirt: Shade // crochet top: Forever 21 // vest: thrifted // pants: Forever 21 // shoes: Target // necklace: Hearts.com

I decided to base my outfit off the colors of the original outfit and put some of the small details elsewhere. 
So the maroon hat translated to my maroon booties. 
The plaid shirt was shown in the plaid vest. 
The color of the fur vest inspired my crocheted top. 
And the stack of gold bracelets was represented by the gold necklace stack.
And the leather pants were just kind of fun because I love them :) 
(Or you could say they were inspired by the handbag?)

This was a really fun collaboration to do! 
I love being able to stretch my fashion creativity and try new things. 
I probably never would have originally thought to put these different items together originally.
It definitely help get me out of my postpartum fashion {and blog!} funk!

Be sure to check out the other ladies' outfits too! 
I loved looking at their looks and seeing how we all interpreted it. 

Brooke at Silver Lining // Kaycie at Redhead Memories
Meghan at King and Ford // Krystle at Krystle, Darling
Sierra at Sierra's View // Alexa at He and I
Deidre at Deidre Emme // Danica at Danican Skywalker
Kyla at Fordology // Bri at Breezy Days


HAPPY TUESDAY!

8 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Girl, I love it! Those booties are to die for! And did you really just have a baby?! Thanks for joining!

Alexa Zurcher said...

Super cute! I'm loving your vest and those booties!

Kaycie Eddie said...

Okay, those shoes are incredible. Love your outfit!

Deidre Emme said...

Yep! This looks really great! I am glad we could text about it yesterday. Haha. The booties are rocking.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

you look great. I'm digging your vest.

Unknown said...

Ok yours is the most different in the best way! I love the play of textures.

Sierra's View said...

I love the leather!!!! So cute! Fun to do the link up with you :)

Aubrey said...

i thought the same thing when i got the email. looks like we both figured it out:)